The “Keep Well” campaign is aimed at showing people of all ages how we can mind our own physical and mental health and well-being by adding healthy and helpful habits to our daily and weekly routines. It will provide guidelines, information, and tips on things that will help us keep well through the coming months. All of this will be available on gov.ie/healthyireland
The “Keep Well” campaign is focussed on five main themes:
- Keeping active – keeping active and being outdoors, even during the winter, is important to help physical and mental health and well-being.
- Staying connected – staying connected with people, addressing isolation, supporting volunteerism and initiatives that support person-to-person connection is important to our well-being.
- Switching off and being creative – switching off and being creative or learning something new, getting back to nature and finding ways to relax can help our general well-being.
- Eating Well – by nourishing our bodies and minds, we can develop a better connection between the food we eat and how we feel and positively impact our physical and mental well-being.
- Minding your mood – equipping people with information on where to go if they need support. This will also be linked with the local community helpline to ensure that people can access the support they need.